Monday 25 July 2011

India is where I make my money: Veena Malik

This is the image that Pakistan. actor Veena Malik has created for herself - sleazy and loud. Courtesy, her appearance on a reality show on Indian television.

But the actor, who is now taking a big leap into Bollywood, is unperturbed about the image she has been associated with. "I don't understand why there is such a fuss about it," she says.

Veena, who made headlines with her onscreen histrionics with actor Ashmit Patel, is currently busy shooting for her debut venture in B-town, Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai. "It's different from all the comedy films the audience has seen so far. There is no singing and dancing in it. Moreover, I have a dual role that has made the project all the more challenging and interesting," says Veena.

The industry buzz has it that Veena will soon set temperatures soaring with an item number and a guest appearance in Phir Mulakat Ho Na Ho by Bobby Sheikh. "I have got an offer, but nothing has been finalized," she says. However, Veena maintains that joining the item girl bandwagon has its share of difficulties. "I worked really hard on my body, but it's not easy to maintain it. Looking good is a difficult task," she admits.

The actor has had her fair share of controversies too. Her recent remarks against the Mumbai terror attacks did not go down well with the Pakistani press and they wrote her off as a drama queen who should leave Pakistan."I have a right to say whatever I want. I was deeply hurt when I heard about the attacks. Such terrorist activities should not go unnoticed. They can happen anywhere in the world," she says and adds, "India is also my country and people here love me. Moreover, this is where I make money."

The actor's growing popularity has made Veena a much sought-after actor today. She even claims that she got an offer to join a political party back in her country. "I have been receiving offers from few parties to join them, but I believe there are other ways to help my countrymen. Also, I am an artist first, and will never choose politics over films."

Finally, quiz her about the rumours that Veena wants to change her nationality and that she has applied for an Indian passport and replies, "I do plan to make India my second home. But I am not applying for an Indian passport. 

Source http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/
Buzz This

No comments:

Post a Comment