Thursday 8 September 2011

Home educators deserve break on their taxes

I applaud our wonderful state of Indiana for giving a $1,000 tax deduction for every child that is home-schooled. Many oppose our state's decision to financially enable a parent to opt their child out of the public school system and choose a private or home-school system.One of the main problems in our society is people fail to think deeply. The government gets its money from those who work and make money. They take the money from people who are making money and build roads, schools and develop other programs. The government does not make money; it uses my money.For over a decade I have chosen to pay my own expenses for the education of my children while at the same time paying for other people's children to be educated in a public system. According to the U.S. Department of Education, the average cost of public educated is $10,441 per pupil per year (www.nces.edu.gov). At that rate, with four children, I have saved our government over $450,000 by choosing to educate my children at home.
Stop scolding private and home educators! We are doing society a favor by opting out of public education and saving thousands of dollars of government funds. Finally receiving a voucher or tax deduction is fully justified and I applaud the State of Indiana for its decision.
Christopher Monaghan,
Webster
Source http://www.pal-item.com/
Buzz This

No comments:

Post a Comment