Thursday 7 July 2011

Sonja Morgan Faces the Loss of Her $6 Million Home

To say it’s been a rough year for The Real Housewives of New York City‘s Sonja Morgan would be a gross understatement. After already having to file for bankruptcy due to a lawsuit in the amount of $7 million, the Bravo reality star is now in the midst of a nasty courtroom battle with her ex, 80-year-old John Adams Morgan, and could end up being forced to sell her $6 million New York home to pay for her staggering debt.
“Sonja is devastated, she’s considering the house gone already,” a source tells E!. “She wants to sell it back to her ex-husband, so she can make that money off it and her daughter can live there, but he’s refusing. She wants to keep it for her daughter, but it seems she’ll have to sell it and lose it altogether. She needs the money because he’s not giving her a cent more and she’s now more than $7 million in the hole.
“She’s in denial,” the source continues, “it’s only just started to hit her how much trouble she’s in. She makes $275, 000 a year on Housewives, which would be good for anyone else, but it won’t save her.”
So how did things go so wrong for the Housewife who was once married to one of the biggest names in the banking industry — John Adams Morgan?
In May, a court ordered “Lady Morgan” to pay Hannibal Pictures, Inc. $7 million after the company filed a suit against her. But according to Sonja, it was all just one big misunderstanding.
“I woke up one morning, and decided I was going to be a movie producer,” Morgan explained to PopEater’s Rob Shuter. “I said I’d put some pictures together, and it was going well. I had a movie come out with Forrest Whittaker and Gabrielle Anwar, and we got two awars, and it was on a roll. And then one of my movie deals, it was one big misunderstanding, and then they sued me, and I wasn’t adequately represented, and I lost. That’s okay,” says Sonja. “I’m a survivor. I’ll be fine. I’ll take care of Sonja. What goes around comes around, and the universe always gives back. And I’m such a giver.”
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!
Photo Source: Bravo
Buzz This

No comments:

Post a Comment